Week 13 Story: Bakasur, the Fat One

The Pandavas and Kunti were wandering around looking for shelter. How did they get here you might ask? Well you see, Duryodhan tried to kill them by planning to set the house they were staying at on fire. Luckily, Vidura warned the Pandavas about the scheme and the Pandavas were able to escape. It was not an easy journey. The Pandavas were walking through a dense forest. They were so hungry and so thirsty. Finally, they arrived in the city of Ekachakra. They disguised themselves as brahmins and begged for food on the streets. It seemed like their misfortunes were over once a scholar offered them shelter. The Pandavas and Kunti were able to relax a little. They got to eat, sleep, and rest. However, one day Kunti heard the scholar scream. She hurried to him.

Kunti said, "What is the matter? I heard a loud scream coming this way. Was it you?"

"Yes. I am very sorry, but something terrible just happened! It is Bakasur," said the scholar.

"Who is that?" said Kunti

"He is this FAT asura who really needs to go on a diet, not a human diet though. He used to come into town take people's food and the people too to eat them. The town got together and proposed to him that one of us would offer a bunch of food for him and he would leave the rest of us alone. He accepted so we thought our town found peace. However, when one of my dear friends went to him with a cart full of food he did not come back. That Bakasur ate my friend too! Although no one said it, we knew it was better to sacrifice one person than multiple people in the town. Plus there were some brave men who tried to face him, but we just never saw them again," said the scholar.

"Wow, that sounds horrible. It sounds like this has been going on for a while. Why are you screaming now?" said Kunti

"Well you see, this time it is my turn to bring food to Bakasur. I think I am just going to take my whole family with me when I go. If I am not there they might as well be dead anyways. These kids can not fend for themselves. At least we can all be together when we die," said the scholar.

"Hey! Let's not be morbid. I have a solution. I am going to send my son Bhim to deliver the food," said Kunti

"You are going to sacrifice your son for me?" questioned the scholar.

"No. Bhim is going to come back. Don't worry," said Kunti

So off Bhim went to Bakasur. Bhim had been itching for a fight so he was happy to oblige to his mother's wish. Bakasur could smell his food coming up to his cave. His stomach was growling and he step out of his cave to see Bhim and an empty cart.

"WHAT IS THIS. THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FOOD HERE, " said Bakasur

"Well hello there grumpy pants. You really are as fat as they say, Bakasur, the Fat One. Maybe you should lay off of those humans. But yeah I know, I got hungry, "said Bhim calmly.

"You know what. I am going to eat you. You look like a big guy. Then I am going to go into town to eat some townspeople since they can't keep their end of the deal," said Bakasur

"If you can eat me then you can," said Bhim

That is when a fight broke out between the two. Let's just say Bhim won and Bakasur was not more.

When Bhim arrived back to the town, the whole town celebrated knowing they never had to deal with Bakasur again. They prepared a feast for Bhim and Bhim slept for a while because he ate so good.

(Picture of Bhima Fighting Bakasura Wiki)

I wrote about Bhima Kills Bakaura. After the escaping the fire, the Pandavas seek refuge. They settle in the city of Ekachakra when a scholar offers them shelter. One day, Kunti hears the scholar scream. When she asks what is wrong, he tells her about Bakasura. Bakasura is an Asura who wrecks havoc in their town. To satisfy his hunger, Bakasura would go into town kill people and eat them. One day, the townspeople and Bakasura came to an agreement that one person in town would provide food for him once a week. However, when this agreement came into play Bakasura ended up eating the person who delivered the food. This week is was the scholar's turn to be the person to deliver the food. After hearing this, Kunti offered for her son Bhima to go in his place. Bhima obliged and went to Bakasura. When Bhima arrived, Bakasura saw that the cart was empty. Bakasura was big mad. They started fighting. No matter how big Bakasura was he was not a match for Bhima. The city of Ekachakra celebrated. I really liked this story because I thought it was funny how Bhima ate the food that was meant for Bakasura. I wanted to bring this story more to life by bringing in dialogue to story. I wanted to show the conversation between Kunti and the scholar along with Bhim and Bakasur.


Bibliography
The Mahabharata: Karmic Revolution by Epified TV













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Life of JoJo..Future Doctor, Dog Lover, and Adventurer

Week 2 Story: Desperate Times